Whew. 2013 was a whirlwind year for us! We reflected on some highlights last night.
1) We became a family of four! It's been an adjustment, but life is fun with two kids.
2) We had a successful first year gardening. We grew a lot of fun stuff and have some of it put up for the winter. Butternut squash anyone?
3) We finished work on our master bathroom. It was a lot of work and ran a little over budget, but we couldn't be happier with the results!
4) Blogging! I started this blog 2 years ago, but have started getting serious about it. It's fun to share our story. And I love being able to blog for Grit!
And now for our "goals" for the new year!
1) Finally get those darn chickens. I've been in contact with two different local farmers who hatch chicks in the spring. I'm excited to avoid hatcheries and keep it local!
2) We want to expand our garden. Last year got us hooked. While we could do without weeding, the results are more than worth it. We'd like an herb garden, strawberries, and a test flower garden. We'd like to start a small flower farm and hope to test the waters this year.
3) Kole will be having a small tent at our local Farmers Market! He's so excited for it. We will be picking out seeds and helping him along the way.
4) We will be starting our vineyard. Our eventual goal is to make wine with our own grapes. We will start a few vines each year to reach that goal.
5) Continue to improve and finish stuff around the house. I'd like to do some landscaping and start doing some decorating inside. I might finally get around to some of those Pinterest projects after all.
What about you? Will you be getting chickens? Starting to bake bread? A small container garden? Let me know in the comments!