Thursday, January 2, 2014

About That Decorating Stuff

I've been so excited since we started planning our house for decorating it. I joined Pinterest when it first started (that probably explains my 60 or so boards). With being pregnant when we finished up and subsequently surviving our first year with two kids, decorating took to the back burner.
I'm a fan of the shabby chic type decor as well as the farmhouse look. And vintage. And cottage-y. So, I guess you could say I'm eclectic.
After we took down our Christmas decorations, I started brainstorming how to decorate above my kitchen cabinets. Our kitchen is kind of my baby so to speak. I picked out the style and design and held out until the Ikea 20% off sale! I knew I wanted to incorporate my love of milk glass and blue Mason jars. And I really want to bring more of nature indoors this year.
So, inspired by a favorite blog of mine (Chickens in the Road), I set out on a walk with the kids to collect things for winter themed bouquets. Stick here, pretty piece of dead grass there. And some random blue berries! I found some red as well but they were on a rather prickly vine.
We brought our haul back to the house and I got to work. It was a lot of fun! And I'm thrilled with how it turned out. What do you think?
Now...about all those things I have pinned on Pinterest....



From The Farm Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment