Monday, October 6, 2014

Baked French Toast Sticks

For lunch on Friday, Kole had some French Toast Sticks. He couldn't stop talking about them. I tried one and, well, it was ok, but not life changing. It was fried and kind of heavy on the stomach.

So, today he was asking if we could make some for lunch. While I'm not afraid of using fat to cook (please pass the butter!!), we don't fry foods. So, I went to trusty Google. I ran across this recipe and we decided to give it a go. I didn't have Texas toast, so I just used my sandwich bread.


I wish I could say it was a smashing success - I thought it tasted great, but Kole told me it was only a "little gooder" than the lunch he had on Friday. I'm sure tomorrow it will be the best thing he's ever had. He is only 4! But, it gave us the perfect opportunity to use some maple syrup - as if I needed a reason! I also had it drizzled on my steel cut oats for breakfast. What about you - what do you have for breakfast on chilly mornings?

No comments:

Post a Comment