Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Almost Ready!

I got a message over the weekend from my friend who is giving us her hens that the neighbor's dogs are trying to get her chickens. Obviously, the sooner we get them out, the better! We have a few things to finish up before they can come stay - namely, finish installing the windows, build roosts, complete the nest boxes, and put the litter on the floor. I think we will use sand.

Speaking of the windows, my dad made us some windows out of security glass from when he used to work on prisons. It's some serious glass, 9/16" thick. Dan has them placed, but they need the final install.





Chip and Dale had to join me for their feline inspections. I'm surprised Dale made the trip down! He's 28 pounds of big orange cat and he doesn't like to venture too far. It looks like they approve, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment