Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Garden Goodies

My hubs asked me the other night if I talk much about our garden. And I realized I'm usually talking about the chickens! Our garden is coming along well, albeit weedy. We had it under control earlier this spring, but preparations for family visits and our pig roast kept us away. We've been whittling away at the weeds and have started harvesting veggies.

We've picked all of our beets and they have been turned into pickled beets. We planted three more rows last night for a fall harvest and I also have kale, broccoli, and brussel sprouts started on the kitchen counter. We also picked the carrots last night. We ended up with 1.5# and we are pretty happy with how some of them turned out! We have pretty thick clay soil and so it's somewhat of a struggle to get good ones. Dan also accidentally dug up a pretty strawberry paw potato! I'll work on garden pictures soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment