Monday, February 10, 2014

Six Cookies

Sometimes I get a craving for cookies. But, I don't always want to whip out the Kitchen Aid and make two dozen.

Because I would eat them. My family wouldn't be left with much.

Enter the Small Batch chocolate chip cookie. I was introduced to this idea during my weight loss journey. A recipe that only makes 6 or 8 cookies? I'm in!

Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 C + 2 TBS white flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda

3 TBS + 1 tsp softened butter
1/4 C brown sugar
2 TBS white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 TBS + 1 tsp well beaten egg
1/4 C chocolate chips

Mix the first three ingredients in a small bowl. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugars, either with a spoon, fork, or hand mixer (we use a spoon). Add in the vanilla and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Mix in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 14 minutes. Enjoy!

The cookbook is awesome. I have this recipe memorized, though. 

But, really, what could be better than some cookies, milk, and the Olympics?



No comments:

Post a Comment