Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Housekeeping

Now that the house is finished, it's time for me to kick it into high gear cleaning and organizing for the holidays and before the baby comes.  One thing that has been bothering me for a while has been our couch.  It is a microfiber sectional and has help up well.  It has gotten quite dirty over the last year from living at the apartment to construction here.  We got the stain guard protection on it when we bought it, but that doesn't totally help for day to day things.  So, to the internet (and Pinterest!) I went.  I found a tutorial on the best way to clean microfiber.

What you need:
rubbing alcohol
spray bottle
white or neutral colored sponge (as not to bleed color to your sofa)

How it's done:
Spray the area you wish to clean with rubbing alcohol.  Yes, it does have a scent, but it is not overpowering.  Using the sponge, scrub the area.  Let dry.  If you wish, you can use a soft bristled brush to soften the cushions.  Mine weren't too bad after drying, so I skipped that step.

I was expecting my sponge to look a lot worse when I was done as I saw some pictures online of people going through three or four sponges and the sponges being completely black.  Perhaps our stain guard helps our more than I thought!

In the evenings, I tend to research online things on my mind.  The last two evenings I have been looking at goat barn ideas.  We have been talking about building a big pole barn to house animals, equipment, etc....but, I am looking into building a smaller barn for just the milk goats initially.  It's fun to dream up ideas for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment